Every person who has retired from the Brighton Central Schools is a member of BCSRA. Active members are those who pay dues, currently $10 a year. Instructions for joining are detailed in the related page titled Active Membership.
The purposes of our organization, as listed in our constitution, are as follows:
- To facilitate friendships and camaraderie and to provide support for our colleagues.
- To provide information pertaining to the retirement interests of the group.
- To advocate regarding retirement issues on behalf of all members and constituencies of the group.
- To establish and maintain an affiliation and continuing relationship with the Board of Education, the Administration and the Brighton Teachers’ Association.
- To encourage retirees to continue their support, interest and active involvement in the Brighton Central Schools and/or the community where they live.
- To support retiree benefits in Brighton and strengthen benefits at the state and national level.
- To share ideas, experiences and concerns that mutually affect the membership.
Brighton Retiree's Scholarship Fund