Homework is an integral part of a student's learning. Assignments are a way for us to reinforce skills we are teaching in the classroom. It is important that students complete assignments each night and return them to the classroom on the date they are due.
- Homework should not take more than 30 minutes. This does not include the 20 minutes of reading.
- It is also very important that students are using their homework planners each night to record their assignments.
- Parents: Please sign your child's planner each night after checking to see if they have completed their homework.
- Thank you for your support with this!
Homework assignments will be fairly consistent from week to week...
- Math homework will be assigned each night Monday through Thursday.
- A word study list and words to sort will be sent home every cycle Day 1. Your child will be encouraged to sort these words and get into a routine of word study practice. Children will have a choice of word study activities they want to work on every night. They then need to record what activity they did in their planner.
- Students should be reading for at least twenty minutes at home each night they will also be using an on-line reading log to reach goals
- Students should be practicing math facts each night
- Occasionally students will have social studies and science assignments as well as some long term projects