UNIT 1 - GEOGRAPHY
Some of the links on this page may not be meant for student use only, nor may they be at the child's reading level. Please use these sites as needed to assist with learning and understanding. An adult's guidance may be needed.
Skills Learning Targets
What students must be able to do:
- Students must be able to identify and locate the 7 continents and 4 major oceans.
- Students must be able to identify their address, including the town, state, country, and continent.
- Students will use a map key to identify places on maps and globes.
- They will identify and locate places using cardinal and intermediate directions.
- Students will label a compass rose using the cardinal and intermediate directions and use it to locate places on a map or globe.
- Students will measure the distance between 2 points using scale.
- Students will identify the equator, Prime Meridian, and International Date Line on a map or globe.About: http://www.lat34north.com/cities/citieslongitude.cfm (difficult reading)
- Students will locate the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn.
- Students will identify the location of places on a globe using hemispheres
- Students will identify and use latitude and longitude to locate or identify places on a map or globe.
http://www.kidsgeo.com/ - geography games for children
http://www.kathimitchell.com/geog.htm - many geography resources
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfpuN2XQ4f4 - Video naming all the countries of the world.
http://www.mcwdn.org/MAPS&GLOBES/DirectionsQuiz.html - Quiz on geography terms, etc.