How do movements within the solar system affect everyday life?
Content Learning Targets
- Natural Cycles and patterns with the solar system include:
- Earth spinning around once every 24 hours (rotation), resulting in day and night
- Earth moving in a path around the Sun (revolution), resulting in one earth year
- The length of daylight and darkness vary with the seasons
- The appearance of the Moon changes as it moves in a path around Earth to complete a single cycle (phases of the moon)
- Sun and other stars appear to move in a recognizable patterns both daily and seasonally (constellations)