Brighton's approach to Online Safety:
- Guide students in creating strong passwords.
- Utilize single sign-on options when available.
- Use filtering software to minimize student access to inappropriate and unsafe sites.
- Restrict downloads to prevent malware from affecting the network.
What students can do...
- Avoid sharing passwords with others.
- If creating accounts outside of BCSD, use separate, strong passwords. Stong passwords are a combination of six letters, numbers and symbols.
- Be cautious about sharing personal information on social media.
**Resources gathered from Common Sense Media and with permission from the Baltimore County Public Schools.