• Food Service Information for 2020-21

    Dear Brighton Families,

    The Brighton Café experience will look and feel a little different this year.  With the safety of students and staff being our top priority, we have implemented the following changes:

    • All meals must be ordered online one week at a time at onlineordering.linq.com details and instructions for online ordering are available below.
    • Breakfast and Lunch menu options will be limited. Only the Entrée and the Milk will be able to be chosen.
    • Our cafés are going cashless. There are three ways to put money on your child’s account
      • Through mySchoolbucks at myschoolbucks.com.
      • By mailing a check or money order to the Food Service Office at 220 Idlewood Rd. Rm. 102, Rochester, NY 14618.
      • By delivering check, money order or cash to the Food Service Office in person. The Brookside building is always locked so please call 585-242-5200 ext. 4567 upon your arrival at door #1.  We will come to the door to receive the funds from you.  Please have them in an envelope with your student’s name and ID number.
    • Meals will be served in the café for all hybrid students on the days that they are in the building.
      • All meals will be labeled with the student’s name and served grab and go style.
      • Students will not need to go through the cashier station.
    • Meal service for all full remote students and hybrid students, when not in the building, will have the following two options:
      • Parent pickup line at Brighton High School door #23 from 9-11am
      • Delivery by the transportation department – for absolute necessity situations only please.
    • A la carte items will not be sold in schools for the time being. We will provide disposable cups for students to get water out of the filling stations if needed.
    • Student Allergies will be handled through the regular process
      • Medical note must be provided to the nurse
      • Parents should contact the Food Service Office at 585-242-5200 ext. 4567 with questions or concerns. A zoom meeting will be set up if a more detailed conversation is needed.

    We are happy to announce that Brighton is now participating in a new “pandemic” program through the state and federal government to begin serving all meals for free. Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 29, all Brighton students that order school meals will receive them for free. Currently breakfast is served at BHS, TCMS, and FRES and lunch is served at all four schools. Meals should be ordered online at onlineordering.linq.com/

    Non-Brighton students ages 19 and under are able to receive a breakfast and lunch for free through the parent pickup line at Brighton High School Door 23 from 9 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday.

    Please continue to fill out the free or reduced application. In the event the free emergency meal program ends, we will transition back to the paid, free, and reduced status. 

    Thank you,

    The Food Service Department

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.