COVID Update — Sept. 22, 2021
As mentioned last week, we will be implementing a staff testing program in October. Staff members will be tested weekly unless they choose to “opt-out” by providing proof of vaccination.
We were as excited as many of you to hear that vaccinations for students ages 5 to 11 may be coming soon. As was the case with vaccinations for students ages 12 and up, we will do everything we can to partner with health care providers and the Monroe County Department of Public Health (MCDPH) to make vaccines readily available for families that are interested in having their students vaccinated. We’ll let you know when we have more information.
Here are our COVID numbers from MCDPH as of 3 p.m. today:
- Students or staff in quarantine: 5
- Council Rock Primary School positive cases: 1
- French Road Elementary School positive cases: 0
- Twelve Corners Middle School positive cases: 0
- Brighton High School positive cases: 0
Thank you for everything that you are doing to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Kevin McGowan, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools