Senior Parent Night Video Part 1 - BHS APPLICATION PROCESS
Senior Parent Night Part 2 - FINANCIAL AID 101
Senior Parent Night Part 3 - EXPLORING YOUR OPTIONS
Beginning October 7, The Black Scholars Program will host a series of college readiness workshops in October. To register for the web-series, you can click on this link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4855537
- Senior Newsletter December 17
- Senior Newsletter December 10
- Senior Newsletter December 3
- Senior Newsletter November 20
- Senior Newsletter November 12
- Senior Newsletter November 5
- Senior Newsletter October 29
- Senior Newsletter October 15
- Senior Newsletter October 8
- Senior Newsletter October 1
- Senior Newsletter September 24
- Senior Newsletter September 17
HEROS - Higher Education Resource Opportunities in Schools
Going Merry (Scholarship Search) - How to create a student accountNAVIANCE HOW TO VIDEOS:
Building a List of Colleges I’m Applying To - We do NOT use the electronic transcript request- please complete the Blue Sheet
Editing Colleges I’m Applying To - Will show you how to update your application deadlines, type, and how you are applying (via common app or directly to the institution)
Letter of Recommendation Requests - Choose the video option “Request LOR- All Colleges”. This is how we will request all teacher letter of recommendations.
Please SIGN UP and ATTEND TWO Senior Seminars. We are packing five classes into two, so make sure you are there- we will be checking up on you if you don't show!
- Please sign up for both session 1 & 2 during a free period on the days you are IN SCHOOL.
- These will still be facilitated by one of your fabulous BHS Counselors.
- Seminars will take place in room 262.
- Space is limited to 30 students per session so sign up early and don't forget to come!
- Please be sure to bring your laptops!
When you register: enter your name, email, cell #. When prompted for "Quantity", choose 1.
COLLEGE & CAREER OFFICE HOURS
Mrs. Stern will be available for office hours starting September 15- December 17th to support you in your post-secondary planning!
In order to maximize our time together, I will be using Calendly so we can meet at a scheduled time in small groups in the Career Center. So, sign up for a time, encourage a friend to join us, and let’s get started on planning your future!!
A-L Students- THURSDAYS, Flex-8th Period
M-Z Students- TUESDAYS , Flex-8th Period
- Please click on the link for the appropriate alpha split office hours.
- Sign up for a period when you are free and in school.
- Once you have signed up, you will receive a confirmation email and/or text message reminder.
Please come to the Career Center prepared with questions if you can. I want to be sure I can best support you! I hope that you will leave with questions answered and a plan for next steps (which could include another meeting with myself or your School Counselor).
Don't forget your lap top!
REMOTE STUDENTS- please email your counselor or Mrs. Stern to set up a Zoom appointment!
REGISTRAR DEADLINESThe Registrar's need 10 SCHOOL DAYS to process your application materials to ensure they are submitted by the deadline. This means you need to be ahead of the game and must have your applications submitted at least 10 SCHOOL DAYS prior to the actual application deadline.
Click here for the Registrar deadlines- Please note- the Registrars Office will not be ready to process application materials until October 1st.