*Apply for a Work Permit before you apply for a job*
Pick Up Forms from a Counseling Office Secretary
What You Need:
- Physical Fitness Certification –
- During the school year: The school nurse can sign this form if an updated health form is on file in her office. A doctor's exam within the last 12 months verifying you are physically fit for work is necessary.
- During summer or school breaks: Complete the top portion of the form and take it to your doctor’s office for a signature.
- The following link can also be used: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/documents/AT-16fillable.pdf
- AT-17 Application -
- Fill out Part One only of the application and have it signed by a parent or guardian.
- You can also use the link below:
Pick up work permit:
- When you have both forms signed, bring them to the Counseling Office to receive a work permit. You will need to sign the work permit then.
- No proof of identification is necessary if you are a registered student.
Working papers are divided into two age groups:
1. 14-15 year-olds - Your work permit is blue.
2. 16-17 year-olds – Your work permit is green.
**A new application and Physical Fitness Certification will be needed. **
Additional Work Permit:
If you need another work permit for a new job (same color permit for the same age), stop by the Counseling Office. A new work permit will be issued using the same permit number that was originally assigned, as your application is kept on file.
Questions: Contact Mrs. Ingle at 585-242-5000 x4526 or email@example.com