9th/10th Grade Curriculum
Welcome to 9th/10th Grade
Physical Education at
BRIGHTON HIGH SCHOOL
Physical Education is a mandated course in NYS.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
PASSING EVERY SEMESTER IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO EARN THE NECESSARY CREDITS TO GRADUATE
- demonstrate proficiency in selected complex physical activities (games, sports, exercises) that provide conditioning for each fitness area
- establish and maintain a high level of skilled performance, demonstrate mastery of fundamental movement forms and skills that can contribute to daily living tasks, and analyze skill activities
- make physical activity an important part of their life and recognize such consequent benefits as self-renewal, greater productivity as a worker, more energy for family activities, and reduction in health care costs
- use the basic principles of skill analysis to improve previously acquired skills and to continue to learn new skills and activities
- know the components of personal wellness (nutrition and weight control, disease prevention, stress management, safety, and physical fitness), establish a personal profile with fitness/wellness goals, and engage in appropriate activities to improve or sustain their fitness
- follow a program earning Standards for Health,
Physical Education, and Family and
Consumer Sciences at Three Levels