BHS Physical Education
Student Medical Excuse Policy
Each excused student will be held accountable and follow these procedures:
- Report to the PE office at the beginning of each excused class to choose one topic from a provided list (see back of this page) OR a PE packet. Your teacher will assign one or the other to you.
- If you were assigned a paper, report to the library or computer lab to type a 1 page paper on that topic ( double space, 12 font, include works cited) If you do not include your source of information the paper will not be accepted!!
- The paper must be returned to the PE teacher at the end of the period or a truancy report will be submitted.
- If you were assigned a PE packet, go to a quiet area to complete it and return the reading portion and the question portion to your teacher at the end of the period or a truancy report will be submitted.
- This procedure will be completed for each excused class throughout the duration of the student’s medical excuse
- A note from a parent is needed for each day. A parent note will not be accepted for more than 2 consecutive days! If you are still injured/ill a note from a doctor is needed to further excuse you from class.
Archery Bowling Golf
Basketball Football Floor Hockey
Lacrosse Team Handball Soccer
Ultimate Frisbee Water Polo Dance
Badminton Pickleball Racquetball
Table Tennis Tennis Volleyball
Kayaking Orienteering Skiing
Snow Shoeing Aerobics Pilates
Yoga Water Aerobics Swimming
Weight Training Rock Climbing Wrestling
Softball Self Defense Track and Field
Feel free to choose something that is not on the list.
- You may write about your injury/condition
- Current Events (related to Health, PE, or Sports)
- Health and Fitness issues (cholesterol, blood pressure, heart rate, obesity, etc.)
REMEMBER to cite the source(s) you use at the end of you paper or it will not be accepted.
Wikipedia IS NOT an acceptable source!