Unit 2: American Beginnings
- to list the early inhabitants of colonial America
- to describe why colonists came to America
- to differentiate between the regions of the thirteen colonies
- to discuss the influences on American government
- to support the thirteen colonies decision to issue the Declaration of Independence
- to analyze the outcomes of the American Revolution
Key Themes and Concepts:
Diversity: In what ways did the Native Americans, the Europeans, and the Africans who met in North American differ?
Change: Why did the Thirteen British Colonies become an independent nation?