Private/Parochial Registration

    Children residing in the Brighton Central School District who attend Private/Parochial schools should register with Brighton's registration office.  By registering your child in your home district, you can take advantage of our transportation service.  You can not receive busing unless your child is registered in our district. 

    To complete the Private School Registration process, follow below:  

    • Complete our Online Registration or the District Registration Form. Gather documentation to show proof of age of your child and proof of residency in the Brighton Central School District. (Please provide custody paperwork/court documents if applicable). A few examples of accepted documentation are listed below.  
    • Complete a Transportation Request Form, even if transportation is not needed. Please allow 5-7 business days for transportation to be set up. You will not qualify for bus services until you are registered with the Brighton Central School District. 
    • Turn in your paperwork in one of the following ways: 1) by appointment with the District Registrar at the Brighton Central School District Administration Office located at 2035 Monroe Ave, Rochester, NY 14618, Tel: 585-242-5200 X5580; 2) by fax documentation to 585-242-5098; or by email to, please include Private/Parochial school registration in your subject line.           
    • After the documentation has been reviewed and accepted, you will receive a Bus Pass Letter with your transportation information via US/email. You may also call our transportation department at 585-242-5200 X5806 for more information.  

    Examples of documentation: 

    Proof of Age – Evidence of your child’s age is required. (For Example, but not limited to, birth certificate, Consulate Identification Card, Passport, School ID,  Health records, or State or Other government-issued ID)
    Proof of Custody (if applicable) – If the child’s natural parents are not together, documentation is requested proving custody and/or primary residence of this child.
    Proof of Residency - Students must reside within the Brighton Central School District boundaries with their biological parents or legal guardian, or meet other residency requirements such as a foster child, adoption, emancipation (other situations may apply).

    • Sending a nonresident student to a school district without proper residency status is not permissible under New York State Law.  The BCSD reserves the right to investigate all situations in which residency is not properly documented, and is required to prosecute any violation of the district's residency policy to the fullest extent of the law.

    In order to process your child’s registration efficiently, please read the portion that applies to your situation and provide the correct residency documentation.

    1. Proof of ownership - suggested but not limited to:
      • Mortgage statement, tax bill or deed, along with two pieces of U.S. mail with your name and Brighton address listed.
      • Accepted purchase offer if ownership is pending. Occupancy must occur within ninety days of the date on the purchase contract or tuition will be charged. Once the sale is completed, proof of ownership must be provided to the Registration Office (closing statement, deed, HUD-1 settlement statement, mortgage statement)
    2. Proof of tenancy
      • Signed rental/lease agreement with the child’s name included as an occupant. If the child's name is not on the lease, a letter from owner/landlord stating child is residing with you, accompanied with the lease, is necessary. 
      • Two pieces of U.S. mail with your name and Brighton address are also required with your lease.
    3. Proof of shared residence
      • If you are living in the District with a relative/friend, a notarized affidavit from the owner of the property is required. (We can provide you with this form if necessary). If you are staying in a property that is leased/rented, a copy of the lease with ALL tenants listed is required. Ownership approval required.
      • The relative/friend must provide proof of ownership (see #1 above)
      • In addition to the notarized statement you must also provide at least two pieces of U.S. mail with your name and Brighton address.  

    Proof of Age – Evidence of your child’s age is required.  A birth certificate, passport, medical records are a few examples. 
    Proof of Custody (if applicable) – If the child’s natural parents are not together, documentation must be provided proving custody and/or primary residence of this child.