Brighton High School (BHS) Sponsored by Housedigital (Adam Goldfeder)
2021 Ski and Snowboard Club Information
Dear Parents and Students 10/4/21
This season the Brighton Ski/Snowboard Club will again participate in an instructional program at Bristol Mountain, Our Club is able to run this year because of a sponsorship by Adam Goldfeder (Housedigital) Thank you very much!!!! Bristol Mountain is a ski area located about thirty (30) miles south of Rochester. This year’s program includes 6(six) full days of skiing and lessons.
Welcome to the 2022 BHS Ski & Snowboard Club!
Transportation is with First Student bus company:
The bus will depart the BHS parking lot on Saturday mornings at 7:30 a.m.
sharp. We do not wait. Therefore, try to be there at 7:15 to load equipment.
Return to BHS: Bus will arrive at the BHS parking lot at 4:30 p.m. Parents, please arrive on time. Thank you !
It is MANDATORY for BHS Ski Club participants to wear helmets. BHS students will not be allowed on the bus without a helmet.
The BHS Ski & Snowboard club will be offering six(6) trips to Bristol Mountain for the 2022 ski and snowbaord season. The bus will depart from the BHS Parkinglot door 20, 7:30am sharp. We will return to BHS at 5:00pm. The dates of the six(6) trips are:
Saturday, January 8
Saturday, January 15
Saturday, January 22
Saturday, January 29
Saturday, February 5
Saturday, February 12
Saturday, February 19th Make-up Date
Even though the 'club' provides six trips to Bristol Mountain, all passes purchased through our club are valid EVERY Saturday of the season. So after our February 12 trip, all passes may still be used on Saturdays. Families, however, would provide their own transportation at this point.
We have 40 seats available on our first student bus. These are sold on a first come-first served basis. Unlike the chairlift 'passes', you do not purchase bus seats through Bristol Mountain; you pay the school. Checks are payable to 'BHS Ski Club' and given to Mr. French in room 112 ASAP to secure your transportation to Bristol Mountain. Don't wait; they will sell out!
The Brighton School Disctrict is not responsible for the supervision/care of any students who do not purchase a seat and who do not ride the BHS ski club bus to Bristol Mountain on Saturdays. Also, all club members will wear a mask at all times while on the bus AND while inside any buildings at Bristol Mountain.
2021-2022 Discounted Student Pricing through our school’s Ski Club:
- Bus transportation to and from Bristol Mountain: 60 $ per student.
- This check is made payable to “BHS Ski Club”
- Student Snowsports Club Pass. Valid on all Saturdays: This is purchased from Bristol’s website $289 until 11/15/21 $309 after the 15th of Nov
- Six (6) Ski or Snowboard rentals if needed: $93 for 6 Saturdays or $109 Unlimited
These are purchased from Bristol’s website BHS
*Other possible options:
Discounted Parent Snowsports Pass, valid on all Saturdays: $359 before 11/15 and $379 after.
This is purchased from Bristol’s website
lessons at all levels of skiing and snowboarding ability are $32 for 1hour lesson. ALL BEGINNERS MUST TAKE THE LESSONS! Lessons last one hour and start at 9:00 a.m.
Lunches are available at the chalets, but students are encouraged to bring their own.
Rules to Follow and the Responsibility Code:
Parents and students must read all rules and safety procedures before participating in the club. Please see procedures and code attached.
- Registration Dates, Times, Procedures:
Every child must have his/her own medical and registration forms in order to register! A family of three student skiers must therefore fill out three separate forms.
BUS REGISTRATION is done completely on a first come first served basis! See below.
- Lost or Stolen Equipment:
The Brighton Central School District as well as Bristol Mountain does not assume responsibility for the loss or damage of any equipment.
The Brighton Ski/Snowboard program is the least expensive way to learn to ski and is designed for both the non-skier who is interested in learning and for the experienced skier. Lessons are at all levels, from beginners to free-style. This is an outdoor activity that can provide enjoyment for a lifetime.
Chris French BHS Ski Club Advisors
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE CLUB – 3 steps!
- PURCHASE A SEAT ON THE BUS: In order to be considered a “member”, a student must purchase a seat on the Ski Club bus. This bus provides transportation to and from Bristol Mountain. This year’s cost is $60.
- Any student that does not purchase a seat on the bus will not be considered a “member” of the club and the advisor, chaperones and school district is NOT responsible for this student.
- COMPLETE MEDICAL & HELMET AGREEMENT FORM These two (2) forms must be handed in along with your check for the bus. These forms can be found below in this packet. Please print out and complete.
- PURCHASE ONLINE A SNOWSPORTS CLUB PASS &
EQUIPMENT RENTALS: A Club Pass and rentals (if needed) must purchased ONLINE through the Bristol Mountain online storefront. If you have your own equipment, you do not have to purchase rentals. THESE PASSES ARE VALID EVERY SATURDAY for the entire ski season, even when Ski Club is over! These passes, however, may not be used any other day of the week.
Here are the step-by-step directions for purchasing a discounted pass from Bristol Mountain:
Select the STORE link from the Bristol Mountain home page, www.bristolmountain.com.
- At the Select an Item page, select the GROUP LOGIN link on the header of the page. If the GROUP LOGIN link does not appear, please refresh your browser.
- At the CLUB LOGIN page, enter the Club Name and Club Member Password *Our Club Name is BRIGHTONHS -Password is BRI841
Making a Purchase:
- Click on See Available Items. Select the club pass option and rentals if needed
- Executive Season Pass or card holders select PASSHOLDER REGISTRATION
- Change Quantity if needed then hit “add to cart”
- Member information must be put in here
- Click ADD/CHANGE GUEST
For New Guests:
- Select Create New Guest button
- Complete all required fields and select SAVE
For Existing Guests (If you have made purchases before):
- Enter First Name and last name click Look Me UP
- Click on matching name that pops up
- Enter your personal password created in previous years
- If you have forgotten password click on the link: I forgot my password/I don’t have a password
- If you select I forgot my password/I don’t have a password, you will be prompted to reset your password on next page—Select Reset my password and a new password will be emailed to the address that is on file at Bristol Mountain for your guest record
- Enter password and select “verify” to proceed
Uploading A Photo: YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR PASS UNLESS A PHOTO IS UPLOADED
- Select Upload Photo on the GUEST DETAILS page
- Select Choose File and select a photo from your computer that you would like to use for your Snowsports Club Pass
- Once selected the file name will appear next to the Choose File button
- Select Upload, after the picture is uploaded select Use This Picture
- This will bring you to the GUEST PHOTO EDIT If you like the photo uploaded select “That’s Good Let’s Go!”
Liability Release Form: Students, age 19 and younger, must have a parent enter their first name, last name, and relationship to the student before accepting the terms of the release and proceeding to the next page
Viewing Your Cart and Finalizing Sale:
- On the CART CONTENTS page, a summary of your purchase is displayed showing the item, guest name, and price of the product you have selected. You will have the option to REMOVE the item ADD/CHANGE GUEST, Clear Cart and Start Over, Continue Shopping to purchase another product, or Proceed to Checkout
- When you Proceed to Checkout, the next page allows you to verify your purchase as well as verify the purchaser. The purchaser will automatically populate as the most recent guest assigned to an item in the cart. All confirmation information will be sent to the information provided under CHANGE/SET PURCHASER. If you would like to change this information you are free to do so, but it is not required to finalize the sale.
- Once all of the information in your cart is correct, scroll down to the PAYMENT INFORMATION section to enter your credit card information. You may pay in full with VISA, MC, DISC, or a Bristol Mountain Gift Card. You also have the option of saving or updating your credit card information to this guest record (credit card information is not stored in our database unless prompted by you). Select Finalize Sale to proceed.
- You will be directed to an ON‐LINE SALES RECEIPT, which you may print for your records. An automated purchase confirmation will be delivered to the email address associated with the account for the purchaser.