2023 TCMS Ski and Snowboard Club Informational Web Page
- There is ski club this Saturday, February 18. This is the make up for the cancelation on February 3 due to the below-zero temperatures.
- SKI CLUB CANCELED FOR TOMORROW, February 4. Your passes may still be used on Saturday. You would just need to provide your own transportation. Below is the message that was sent out at 9:19am Friday via Parent Square ...
"Due to the sub-zero (with wind) temperatures forecasted for tomorrow, February 4, the TCMS Ski Club is canceled. Depending on the availability of buses, we MAY try and make this trip up on Saturday, February 18. Continue to check the ski club's website for updates regarding a make-up trip."
- REMINDER: If your child is NOT taking the RETURN BUS from Bristol back to TCMS, YOU(the parent) NEED TO TEXT ME AND LET ME KNOW before 2:00 on a Saturday. If you(the parent) do not, your child will not be allowed to ride the bus the following Saturday. He/She would still be able to use his/her ski pass obviously, but transportation will not be provided by the ski club as a consequence for the poor communication. Again, the cell phone number for texting/calling the 2023 TCMS Ski Club advisor is 585-363-1603. Please provide your child's first and last name in the text message.
- The EMERGENCY cell phone number for the 2023 TCMS Ski Club is 585-363-1603. You can call or text this number. Please include your name and child's name in the text so I know who it is. Otherwise, I will not respond to the text message. Besides emergencies, you can also text this number if you need to pick up your child early from Bristol on Saturdays.
- The first Ski Club of the 2023 season is this Saturday, January 7. Students are to report to the TCMS Monroe Avenue side of the school where the main bus loop is between 7:10 and 7:20.
- The bus will depart from TCMS at 7:30am sharp.
- We will return to TCMS at 3:30. If parents are late for pick up, the student will get a warning. Second time late, student cannot take the bus on the next trip the following week.
- How do I know which one of the two buses my son/daughter is on?
- 6th graders: All on Bus #1
- 7th graders: Spilt between the two buses.
- Bus #1- 7th graders whose last names start with "A through N"
- Bus #2- 7th graders whose last names start with "O through Z"
- 8th graders: All on Bus #2
- When students board the bus, they will be required to show their ski pass and their helmets. If not, parent may have to drive him/her down to Bristol themselves. (Depends if parent can get back to bus before our 7:30 sharp departure time!!)
- In the event of a cancelation for whatever reason, it will be announced right here on this web page AND an email will be sent out via ParentSquare.
- If a student is not attending Ski Club, you DO NOT have to email Mr. Falter. He will know your child isn't coming once the bus leaves for Bristol and your child is not on the bus.
- October 6:
- The Finalized Bus and Bus Waitlist is at the bottom of this page in the 'Files' section.
- As of today at 2:30, seats on both the buses are sold out.
- Despite the buses being sold out, TCMS families may still purchase heavily discounted passes through Bristol's website. See instructions in the informational packet below.
- More information will be sent out soon to the families of kids on the bus waitlist.
- Note: I have written 'VOID' on all of the checks of the waitlist families. Waitlist kids ride the bus FREE!
Welcome to the 2023 TCMS Ski & Snowboard Club!
Note: The information below is intended to be a 'quick' overview of the club. A .pdf of our '2023 Informational Packet' can be found at the bottom of this web page. This packet contains detailed pricing, registration instructions and transportation information.
Dear Parents and Students,
The TCMS Ski & Snowboard club will be offering six(6) trips to Bristol Mountain for the 2023 Ski and Snowboard season. The bus will depart from the TCMS bus loop on the Monroe Ave side of the school at 7:30am sharp. We will return to TCMS at 3:30pm. The dates of the six(6) trips are:
Saturday, January 7
Saturday, January 14
Saturday, January 21
Saturday, January 28
Saturday, February 4
Saturday, February 11
* Make Up Date If Needed: Saturday, February 18
Even though the TCMS 'club' provides six(6) trips to Bristol Mountain, all passes purchased through our club are valid EVERY Saturday of the season. So after our February 11 trip, all passes may still be used on Saturdays. Families, however, would need to provide their own transportation at this point.
We have 90 seats available for sale on our two luxury charter busses. These are sold on a first come-first served basis. Unlike the 'passes & rentals', you pay TCMS for the seat on the bus. Checks are payable to 'TCMS Ski Club' and can be given to Mr. Falter in room 431 starting October 3 to secure your transportation to Bristol Mountain. Don't wait. Bus seats sell out every year in just a few weeks (or less!).
The Brighton School District is not responsible for the supervision/care of any students who do not purchase a seat and who do not ride the TCMS ski club bus to Bristol Mountain on Saturdays.
We will have 2 meetings:
Meeting #1 is for students only held during school in the auditorium during WIN on Monday, October 3. Interested students must get a WIN pass from Mr. Falter BEFOREHAND. If you don't get a pass, you cannot attend this particular meeting.
Meeting #2 will be a Zoom meeting for parents on Tuesday, October 4 at 7:30pm. The link to the Zoom meeting can be found below. Meeting #2 is intended for NEW to the club families that would like to hear more about the club and have questions. If your child has already participated in the TCMS ski club in the past and you’re familiar with how the club works and how to purchase a pass through the Bristol website, you do NOT need to attend this Zoom. The Zoom link is listed below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Stephen Falter is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: TCMS Ski Club Parent Meeting
Time: Oct 4, 2022 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 967 2594 2796
Don't forget to check out the additional forms listed below.
Health & Helmet Agreement Forms
These two forms must be turned in with your bus check to Mr. Falter in room 431. Otherwise, you may forfeit your seat come January