TCMS Modified Swimming
- Parent Meeting @ BHS on Thurs, Dec 13th in BHS Cafeteria from 4:30 to 5.
- Congrats to the 50 plus swimmers who made the 2018-2019 swim team!
- Early practices on 12/18, 1/3 and 1/10 from 2:45 to 3:30 due to JV/Varsity Home Meet.
- Swim Suit Order is Due Dec 19th.
- Valenti Sports Spirit Wear Order Due Dec 21 (form linked below).
- First scrimmage is @ Eastridge HS on Fri, Jan 4th. Swimmers must have 10 practices to compete.
- Spend a couple of minutes on-line watching and learning from video about: Swim Start from the Block, Backstroke Start, Breast Stroke Pull Out, Flip Turns, etc.
- There's plenty of swim opportunities for additional swimming (off season swimming). Check the sites below, or get a handout from Coach Dennison or Coach Schnabel. The only way that you're going to swim faster is through deliberate swimming and training.
- Monroe County Athletic Association-Public Schools schedule/link for contests/matches/meets. http://www.mcpsac-ny.org
Coaching Tip: Spend a few minutes on Youtube and watch any number of videos that show swimmers working on: Start from the block, relay start, streamline position, flip turn, backstroke turn, two hand touch, breast stroke kick, etc. A few minutes watching and improving your technique may help shave seconds off your swim!There are plenty of competitive swim clubs and opportunities to improve within the Greater Rochester Area. If you want to swim off-season, go for it! It's great exercise, you will improve your conditioning, better your stroke technique and swim faster. Swim Clubs are also a great way to help prepare for JV and Varsity Competition. Each swim program has a different cost and may slightly differ in competitive focus and training times.*FAST - Fairport Area Swim Team*IRONDEQUOIT GATORS - https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?team=niisc*ROCHESTER RAPIDS - Rochester Rapids Swim Team*PACK - Pack Swim Team of Pittsford*PENFIELD SEA DRAGONS - https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?_tabid_=0&team=nssdsc*SOUTHEAST YMCA - YMCA Sharks Swim Team
Here's a nice summary of research that highlights the myriad of positive benefits of participating in sports