Welcome to Mrs. Walter's German page!
We use many different approaches to learn German including:
Deutsch Aktuell textbooks and workbooks, worksheets, videos and games (and anything else that helps us to make learning German a fun and exciting experience!).
We have a few class rules:
1. Be nice.
2. Be respectful.
3. Be prepared.
4. Be on time.
5. Do your best!!
Grades will be based on four things:
1. Tests/quizzes: There will be tests and quizzes as chapters and topics progress to assess understanding. Tests will always be announced in advance. Quizzes will sometimes be announced! However, I will drop the lowest quiz grade each marking period.
2. Homework: It can be written, oral or studying. It will be graded based on completion. Late written homework will be given only 1/2 credit.
3. Participation: Participation is important, and we will work hard to be sure everyone is comfortable trying to speak German in class, both individually and in group settings.
4. Miscellaneous: Skits, projects, and dialogues will be counted as well!
My Teaching Philosophy:
- German should be FUN and students should want to come to class! If this is not the case, please let me know.
- Kids should feel safe. No one will be allowed to make fun of anyone.
- Speaking skills are most important for German students, and we will take many opportunities to speak German!