This class supplements what the students have been working on in their content area classes (social studies, math, English, science, foreign language and electives).
- Students arrive to class prepared with their planners
- Teacher reviews the agenda with students
- Students work during the entire period, with breaks when needed
- Student will develop a study or organizational skill to apply to current homework. This might also mean pre-teaching or re-teaching of a concept.
- Create a plan for the night: who are you staying with after school? What needs to get done?
- Create goals
What we work on in here:
- Study skills
- Time Management
- Staying current with class assignments
- Supplemental help to core area classes
- Pre-teaching and Re-teaching of content