About Our District
Our Mission and Vision provide the focus for our organization and underscore our beliefs as a school community.
The mission of the Brighton Central Schools is to provide a meaningful, inclusive, equitable and challenging experience for each child where they are supported academically, socially, and emotionally in order to become successful adults.
BCSD is where:
➢students feel safe, valued, included and challenged.
➢every child is advocated for and connected.
➢families are engaged, respected, and appreciated partners.
➢staff are valued, supported, inspired and committed.
We believe that we can achieve our vision and accomplish our mission if in all of our work we strive to:
1. Focus on the needs of children in everything we do and every decision we make.
2. Connect every child to an adult.
3. Actively promote anti-racist/anti-hate values and provide an equitable experience for all stakeholders.
4. Demonstrate integrity without exception.
5. Model and promote kindness, empathy and joy.
6. Listen actively, discuss respectfully and find compromise.
7. Innovate, change, and grow collaboratively.
8. Honor the greatness and individuality of each child, family and staff member.