My Home Page
Brighton High School Physical Education
Erin Dwyer Health
John Feltes- Health
Juli Molnar - Co-Coordinator
- Ron Plummer-Co-Coordinator
New York State Physical Education Learning Standards
Standard 1 - Personal Health and Fitness
Students will have the necessary knowledge and skills to establish and maintain physical fitness, participate in physical activity, and maintain personal health.
Standard 2 - A Safe and Healthy Environment
Students will acquire the knowledge and ability necessary to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Standard 3 - Resource Management
Students will understand and be able to manage their personal and community resources.
BHS Attendance Policy
- AP exams, school sponsored field trips DO NOT have to be made up and will not count against your grade.
- The student MUST tell the teacher ahead of time that they will miss class due to one of these reasons.
- Any SKIPPED class must be discussed with your teacher.
Each class is worth 5pts
- 8 Day Unit = 40 possible points
- 40 points = 100%
- 38 points = 95%
- 36 points = 90%
- 34 points = 85%
- 32 points = 80%
- 30 points = 75%
- 28 points = 70%
- 26 points = 65%
- 24 points = 60%
- 2 absences means a loss of 10 points = 30 points for the unit.
- Unprepared for class – loss of 5 points
- Unprepared but participates – loss of 2 points