AP Exam Information
AP Exams are May 1st-12th, 2023. AP Exam fees are $97 and due by November 15, 2022. Any exam ordered after the November 15th deadline will incur a $40 late fee.
- To pay online by credit card, go to: https://brightonschools.revtrak.net
- To pay by check, complete the order form and return with check (made payable to BCSD) to the Counseling Office
- IF you have already applied and been approved for Free/Reduced Lunch, AP exam fees are $20 per exam. Complete the order form and consent form and return with a check (payable to BCSD) to the Counseling Office. Reduced exam fees cannot be paid online. Please note, Free/Reduced Lunch applications must be completed each year. Even if your child does not eat school lunch, students who qualify for free lunch also can receive other benefits such as:
- Access to future P-EBT benefits if they become available
- Discounts for your family on utilities and internet service
- Reduced fees for SAT/ACT tests and college applications
- Reduced fees for AP Exams
- Scholarships for the EMCC Program
If you have any questions regarding AP exams please email, Ashley Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding AP Exam fees, please email Sandy Hellman at email@example.com.
AP Order Form (Needed only if paying by check)
Consent Form (For Free/Reduced fees)
ADVANCED PLACEMENT COURSES (AP)
Advanced Placement (AP) courses are recommended for students who have enjoyed previous courses of the same or similar discipline and/or who are interested in taking an introductory college-level course. After a year of rigorous college-level instruction and preparations, the expectation is that students will take the corresponding AP EXAM to complete the college-level experience. Most BHS students take and do very well on the corresponding AP exam.
Regardless, AP exams are not used in calculating your course average and AP courses cannot be taken as a pass/not pass course. In addition to getting college-level course experience by taking an AP EXAM, students performing well on the AP EXAM may earn college-level credit, be exempt from certain college course requirements, and/or be accelerated into the next level of course at the college level.
AP exams are administered in May of each school year. The final score for each AP Exam is reported on a 5-point scale that offers a recommendation about how qualified you are to receive college credit and placement—but each college makes its own decisions for which scores it will grant credit or placement.
You, the college, or university you designated in “My AP” when registering, and educators in your school and district, including your AP teachers, will automatically receive your scores once they’re released. AP scores are only sent to colleges if you choose to do so.
AP Exam Fees
The fee for each exam (set by the Education Testing Service) for the 2022- 2023 academic year is $97 per exam. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE is available for students. See your counselor or the assistant principal overseeing AP exams for more details. The process is easy, and we can help you!
**NEW THIS YEAR:
Timeline for ordering, paying for, and taking AP exams:
- By October 15th – students must login and enroll in AP Classroom for their respective AP courses
- November 15th – final payments for AP exams are due from students
- November 16th – AP exams are ordered (exams cancelled after Nov. 15th incur a $40 cancellation fee)
- May 1st-12th: AP exams take place at BHS and Central Office
For the BENEFITS of taking an AP COURSE, follow this link: https://bit.ly/3b7Q3yT
Additionally, see screenshot below.