Driver Education - General Information
MONROE #1 BOCES Driver and Traffic and Safety Education (DTSE)
The Spring Session of BHS Driver Education Opens for Registration on
Tuesday, June 14 at 8 p.m.!
Click each link below for more information:
DTSE consists of classroom and driving sessions. Session days and times are below.
Classes will run July, 6 - August 11, 2022
- Driving & Lecture Sessions are held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Lecture Sessions are held at Brighton High School from 12:45 – 2:15 p.m. in Room 158.
- Driving sessions begin in the high school parking lot.
Note: Tuesday, July 6, 2022, at the beginning of the first Zoom lecture class, there is a mandatory parents' meeting to meet the instructor and hear an overview of the program. The Zoom ID# 241603134, Password 4444
A calendar of classroom and driving sessions is attached.
Additional information regarding DTSE policies on attendance and make-up is on the attached Student Information Sheet.
All registrations are completed online at
Registration begins at 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 6, 2022.
The website enrolls students on a FIRST COME; FIRST SERVED basis.
Cost: $590 - (submit payment online)
- Students must have their learner's permit or driver's license at registration.
- Program is attendance driven. You cannot miss classes.
- Successful students receive MV-285 Certificate of Completion.
- No Refunds after the program begins.
Five Hour Pre-Licensing Course
Students must have completed the NYS five-hour pre-licensing class before scheduling a driving test. If you take an approved state Driver Education class, you meet the pre-licensing certificate requirement and do not need to register for the pre-licensing class.
Registration for the 5 hour online Pre-licensing class:
Available through Revtrak!
Register online using the Brighton Community Education link below: