Driver Education - General Information
MONROE #1 BOCES Driver and Traffic and Safety Education (DTSE)
The Spring Session of BHS Driver Education Opens for Registration on
Tuesday, March 7th at 8 p.m.!
Click each link below for more information:
Driver and Traffic Safety Education Spring 2023
The Driver and Traffic Safety Education (DTSE) program is available to currently enrolled high school students that have or will have their driver’s permit upon registering for the program.
Dates for the Spring DTSE are:
March 27 - June 1, 2023
DTSE consists of classroom and driving sessions. Session days and times are below.
- Lecture classes are held on ZOOM Monday and Tuesday evenings from 7:30 – 9:00 pm.
- ZOOM ID: 241 603 1364
- PASSWORD: 4444
All students attend lecture class at the same time and are required to attend both days.
Note: Parents are invited to attend the first hour of the classroom lecture on
Monday, March 27, 2023 to meet the instructor and get an overview of the program.
- There are two driving options. You are asked to choose ONE group during registration.
- Monday and Wednesday: Group A – 3:30 - 5:00 pm or Group B – 5:00 - 6:30 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: Group C – 3:30 - 5:00 pm or Group D – 5:00 - 6:30 pm
Registration Fee: $590.00 Refunds will not be given after the program begins.
A calendar of classroom and driving sessions is attached.
Additional information regarding DTSE policies on attendance and make-up is on the attached Student Information Sheet.
Registration begins on Tuesday, March 7 at 8 p.m. at https://brightonschools.revtrak.net
Student Information Sheet, Spring 2023
Cost: $590 - (submit payment online)
- Students must have their learner's permit or driver's license at registration.
- Program is attendance driven. You cannot miss classes.
- Successful students receive MV-285 Certificate of Completion.
- No Refunds after the program begins.
Five Hour Pre-Licensing Course
Students must have completed the NYS five-hour pre-licensing class before scheduling a driving test. If you take an approved state Driver Education class, you meet the pre-licensing certificate requirement and do not need to register for the pre-licensing class.
Registration for the 5 hour online Pre-licensing class:
Available through Revtrak!
Register online using the Brighton Community Education link below: