Welcome to the Twelve Corners PTSA
Welcome from TCMS PTSA!
The PTSA sponsors and coordinates many events and activities that will take place throughout the 2019-2020 year to benefit our children, school and community. Together with your help, we organize, run and coordinate Activity Nights, School Pictures, Book Fair, Gr 8 Farewell Party, Hospitality events, Gr 8 Mock Interviews, Staff Appreciation Luncheon and opportunities to sit and chat with our principal, Rob Thomas. Please sign up to be involved in parent volunteer opportunities at https://tinyurl.com/TCMS-PTSA-Volunteer.
Signing up puts you on the list for event communications, there’s no obligation if it doesn’t work for your schedule.
- PTSA School Calendar Sales – Purchasing a PTSA school calendar will keep you up to date on all the TCMS and BCSD events. Calendars are $10 (cash or check – checks are made out to Brighton Central PTSA.) PTSA memberships is included for free, if desired. Calendars and membership can be purchased at the Locker Assignment days, Gr 6 and new Gr 7 & 8 Student Orientation and TCMS Curriculum Night, as well as the Food Truck Rodeo at BHS, after the 1st day of school, Wednesday, September 4th, 5 - 8pm.
- Fall Athletics Parent Meeting - A meeting for parents of fall athletes to discuss the upcoming fall modified season.
- TCMS Auditorium: Tuesday August 27th, 6pm-7pm
- Orientation for Gr 6 and NEW Gr 7 & 8 Student – The students are welcomed by the Gr 8 mentors (TCMStrong). They will meet staff, review information about the start of the school year, receive their schedules, tour the building and practice their locker combinations.
- Gr 6 Student Meeting: Thursday, August 29th, 9am - 12pm
- Gr 6 Parent Meeting: Thursday, August 29th, 9:15am - 10am
- Gr 7 & 8 New Student & Parent Meeting: Thursday, August 29th, 1:30 - 2:45pm
- Locker Assignments – Come anytime listed below to pick up your locker number and combination and drop off your school supplies. If you are an incoming Gr 6 student, you will receive your locker info at orientation. Gr 7 & & 8 will receive new lockers each year.
- Wednesday August 28th, 1pm - 4pm
- Thursday, August 29th, 10am - 1pm & 5pm - 7pm
- Tuesday, September 3th, 10am - 1pm
- Curriculum Night – This event for parents/guardians only allows you to follow a modified version of your child’s schedule and meet all their teachers.
- Wednesday, September 11th, 6:30pm - 8:40pm
- TCMS PTSA Meeting with the Principal (MWTP)
- The first gathering is scheduled for Wednesday, October 2nd, 7pm - 8pm. The topic is Welcome to, and How to Survive, Middle School, with Principal Rob Thomas presenting.
- TCMS School Pictures –
- Thursday, October 3rd - Friday October 4th. The specific class during which pictures will be taken will be posted in the weekly TCMS eNews. Retakes will be on Tuesday, November 12th.
- TCMS Fall Activity Nights –
- 8th Grade – Friday, October 18th, 7pm - 9pm
- 7th Grade – Friday, October 25th, 7pm - 9pm- We are looking for two volunteers to chair this event.
- 6th Grade – Friday, November 1st, 7pm - 9pm
We would love for more volunteers to join us! These events couldn’t take place without all of you! Feel free to contact us with any questions. It’s a great way to see what your child is experiencing and to make new connections. We are looking forward to a fantastic school year!
2019-2020 TCMS Building Chairs:
2019-2020 Event Chairs:
Gr 6 Activity Night (Tara Minor firstname.lastname@example.org, Kathryn Kubiak-Rizzone Kathrykathryn.email@example.com, Deborah Solomon firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gr 7 Activity Night (Still need Chairs, please consider helping!)
Gr 8 Activity Night (Becky Knauf email@example.com, Sue Lavonas Susan.Lavonas@RCSDK12.org. Still need another Chair, please consider helping!)
Book Fair (Anne D’Angelo firstname.lastname@example.org, Marian Jordan email@example.com, Ijlal Lenio firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gr 8 Farewell Party (Eileen Buck email@example.com, Becky D’Angelo-Veitch firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mock Interviews (Erika Stanat email@example.com)
School Pictures (Stacia Rush firstname.lastname@example.org, Robin Samper email@example.com)
Hospitality (Soma Chengalur firstname.lastname@example.org)
Spirit Wear Sales (Wende Domm email@example.com)
Parents are cordially invited to become members of our active and extremely helpful Parent Teacher Student Association.