Welcome to the Council Rock PTSA! - This is a quick introduction to the Coucil Rock PTSA organizatio
Get ready! The 2018-2019 school year will be full of great activities and events. There will be lots of terrific opportunities to share in your children's educational experience. We invite you to attend as many events as you can, and we encourage you to volunteer your time to make these programs successful. We have many different areas of interest and levels of activity, so you are sure to find something that suits you. Click to fill out a volunteer form today!
Our Council Rock PTSA building co-chairs this year are Jen Allen, Emily Brown and Kathryn Kubiak-Rizzone
Council Rock PTSA Building Co-chairs:
- Emily Brown 330-0304
- Kathryn Kubiak-Rizzone 919-636-0308
- Stephanie Bush
Building co-chairs coordinate all the various PTSA activities that happen around Council Rock Primary School. In addition, the co-chairs serve on the Brighton Central PTSA. If you have any questions about the PTSA or would like to volunteer for one of our activities, please contact one of the building co-chairs or fill out an online volunteer form.
Here are just a few of the volunteer opportunities at CRPS-
- Art Room - assist art teacher
- Book Fair (March) - cashiers or book selection support
- PTSA Calendar/Membership (August-September) -PTSA calendars sales at planned events
- Community Service - organize donations
- Hospitality - provide home baked or store bought treats periodically
- Ice Cream Social (March-April) - sell & serve at Open House
- Kindergarten Registration (Feb-March) - assist w/ registration
- Library - assist librarian
- Play Day (June) - assist gym teachers with set up and supervision of outdoor activities
- School Pictures (October) - assist students in preparing for photos
- Summer Activities Fair (March) - host this popular event with volunteers from FRES & TCMS
- Spirit Wear Sale (September-October) - sell & distribute Brighton Spirit Wear
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon (March) - set up, serve, clean up or provide baked good at this annual luncheon
- Visiting Authors - assist librarian w/ author visits to CR
If regular, ongoing committee work is more to your liking, please consider serving as a parent representative on our school governance committee, which meets after school hours on a regular basis. The Educational Planning Team monitors the overall effectiveness of the school organization, climate, curriculum and instructional program in achieving the mission of the school.
District-wide Committees are also open to parents of children attending Council Rock Primary School
The CRPS PTSA building co-chairs can update you on what is happening in the various committees. They are a great resource of information for you. Please feel free to contact any of them with your input and/or questions. We believe that the supportive parents of Council Rock Primary School make CRPS a very special place. We look forward to working with you.