Art at Council Rock
Art projects are developed so that every child can create artwork successfully. Students are expected to solve problems, make decisions, and adjust work to their own eye. Individuality and growth are promoted during art class. The goals for art are:
- The creation of artwork using a variety of materials and exploring different ways to use them.
- Developing the ability to understand and apply the basic art principles and elements of design.
- The appreciation of art by learning about artists and their work, emphasizing style, medium and motivation.
- The valuing of art by exploring the role of art in our lives, looing at artwork. Evaluating the choices made when creating.
- The building of self-esteem by nurturing your child’s unique spirit. We are all different, so our artwork should reflect this uniqueness.